Wednesday, February 29, 2012

United We Fall to Dividers and Rulers not to mention Setsquares




See Boris. What did I tell you. You demonise people and they'll turn into demons. Mission accomplished on your part perhaps. Enough already. This is not a political blog. To prove it read this. Go down to B&Q during what remains of daylight and buy at least 150 litres of peat free organic compost for less than 5p a litre, provided you've got your Diamond Geezer over 60s card. Then turn over a new leaf by sowing some lettuce seeds in a pot on a window sill.

Be that as it may, or would have been I intend to ANNOUNCE something like what politicians do do! The Cricket Society set out to rededicate the grave of Ivo Bligh, Lord Darnley of Ashes fame, that lay deteriorating for many years in Cobham Churchyard, Kent. This they achieved in a way empathetic to Cricket, Lord Darnley's family and to Cobham. His grave was one of our resting places when I join My good lady wife and her pal occasionally for their countryside walks.

Well there is another, not cricket connected as far as I know, which lies not a million miles away. As yet I'm not prepared to name names as I'm not sure how to go about it and as The Cricket Society knows these things need careful and sensitive handling so as not to upset those that matter i.e. the family. I'm not averse to giving clues but don't expect them to be of Masquerade proportions. Back to cricket. It's 5th team nets tonight. My knee is a litte sore and I may not bowl as I don't want to 'herald a hamstrung' performance.

I met a fellow club cricketer whose team we are due to play in September in the diamond geezer queue at B&Q. He's recently had an operation on his knees, so may not be in the actual team. I hope he recovers in time to play. I gave him a blog card to spread the word. Well I've been advertising B&Q so why shouldn't I advertise French and Spanish Cricket for Beginners on Amazon.co.uk. I have my standards. I'm not naming a name of an England Cricketer who tweets that he's more of a laugher at people than with people. I simply referred him to the Confucius saying in the last post but one.

When the queue for the Olympic Tickets from the proposed booths reaches my house in Gravesend, come in for a cup of tea. Have a look at the wildlife in the garden like the grey squirrel in the photo or the fox in the last post's picture, though I can't promise you a golden hare. If you want to see sludge worms and rat-tailed maggots you will need to go to the LOWLIFE web site.

No comments: