Friday, February 17, 2012

Bored Man? You must be joking.


Apologies for the rushed effort but it's time for Bath. No this is not a grammatically poor Spamtaneous post. Not any more than normal, that is. Nous sommes off to Bath for a Shearings delight of a weekend and the train goes in two hours. Actually the Spam e-mails are improving. The one I got from Mervyn King this morning (see below )was surprisingly well written:-

Good Day,

I AM DELIGHTED TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM THE RECENT BANK OF ENGLAND GOVERNOR NEWLY VOTED AND APPROVED BY THE Government OF ENGLAND,LEGALLY IN CHARGE OF THE ENTIRE LOCAL BANKS AND ALL THE MICRO FINANCE INSTITUTIONS.

I didn't include the address as if somebody is daft enough to read my blog they may be the sort to reply to 'Mervyn The Unreal'. Mervyn seems to be pre-empting Scotland and Wales Rooting, Tooting and Devoluting leaving us with an English Government. Perish the thought, eh Boris.

Boris was not on his bike last night. He didn't need to be; he was at the Velodrome supporting the London Prepares Track Cycling event, as were we. I didn't see him on the train, nor on the bus that took us from just outside Stratford International to just outside the Velodrome. Security was tight, the queues were long but thanks to the superb and helpful organisation we got in sooner than Boris. The Global warming situation with the present drought conditions helped so we didn't get soaked and could absorb the atmosphere without fear of electrocution as the atmosphere inside the stadium was of Hadron Collider proportions.

The Gymnastics at the O2 didn't get close I'm afraid. No big screens, which would have helped as we were seated so high up and so far away that I began to fret that I didn't have Houston's telephone number to contact them if we developed a problem. I'm going to sign off now, not just because of the approaching train but because I have thoughts of Houston and bath in my mind and I need some time to reflect. See you Monday.

No comments: