Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's an ill wind for goalies, goolies and ghoulies.


I've been struck down. S & D. I have to blame the Cornish Pastie that I bought in Bath to eat on the train which had a return trip back up this morning just as Harry Briggs came on to bowl. I have therefore no option but to listen to the rest of the one day game in the conservatory wondering whether to murder Colonel Mustard next door with the lead piping as the sun is about to disappear behind his Leylandii. The hundred is up for Pakistan. Bath also came up to expectations. Bresnan gets a wicket 112-2.

No. 1 The Royal Crescent, The Assembly Rooms, The Victoria Gallery, The Huntsman, The Crystal Palace, The Abbey, Twerton Park, The Circus and a trip along the River Avon were all on our tick list. I'm wondering whether to go on the sick list for tonight's Cricket Committee meeting. I need to save myself for the inaugural 5th team nets tomorrow night. Twerton Park is where Bath City play their football in the Blue Square Conference. Briggs gets his first international wicket. Pakistan 135-3.

Bath didn't have a great sporting Saturday. Their Rugby team was beaten by Gloucester while our raison d'etre Ebbsfleet was beating Bath City 2-3 with 10 men for most of the second half. Our goalie was red carded for punching their centre half in the goolies on the half way line. I'm sure it is on Utube by now if you don't believe me. There is a connection with 'ghoulies' as you may have been expecting if you are reading this as predictive text as the ladies went to see the ghost film 'The Woman in Black'.

We are not avid fans of Ebbsfleet United. Another Wicket. When Ebbsfleet has an away game in a picturesque part of the country during half term, we arrange a weekend visit. Past venues have been Torquay, Eastbourne and Weymouth. Bath does not look a cheap place. The Recession has had an effect with the Museum of Bath at Work only open on weekends and the football club's Concession Tickets not only being £2 more expensive than those at Ebbsfleet but are only available to over 65s as opposed to over 60s at Ebbsfleet. There were less than 700 in the crowd quel surprise, though Bath City will blame Bath Rugby for taking 5000 of their supporters to The Rec.

201-4 closely followed by 202-5. I'm following the old recipe for S & D of starving oneself as I need to be fit for the Aquatic Centre for the next section of the London Prepares. So it's Ducking on Wednesday, batting in the nets and Diving on Thursday. Seb will be Ducking and Diving at the moment with LOWLIFE finally admitting that only 30% of tickets for the Olympic 100m Final session are available for the public, quel surprise. Afridi only 9. Caught Bresnan bowled Finn. 215-6. The rest are going to the Corporates etc. A run out and a fall out between the two participants. 220-7 followed by 233-7. Ten balls to go. 233-8.

I know the Ebbsfleet goalie has been suspended for 3 games and I'm not sure whether he plays cricket but I'm definitely going to wear a box on Wednesday. If the Security at the diving make me strip down to my Speedos like they did in the swimming pools we have been to in France I'm wearing it on Thursday as well. Pakistan 237-9 followed by 237 all out. Cook out second ball. Au revoir. Just to update you, England won in the last over with KP amassing 130. Bye.


w


No comments: