Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Putting Things in Perspective


No offence to Kew but I don't think they are a patch on those orchids that we saw in Singapore. Then again Kew will have similar opinions on my onion patch compared to theirs in the walled garden. 586PTQR6PGRW I hear you say. I may not have a Terracotta Army but I can Terracottaconfirm that the seeds I sowed are beginning to sprout. England did lose the third Test Match against Pakistan which means that Cloud Nine is a no-no. Hopefully one day we will do better in the one dayers. It looks like we will not be around,Seb, for the Olympics. Don't take it personally, there are thousands of others who feel equally rejected, dejected and ejected. At least there will be more room on the trains and roads without us being around. I do worry for the future as in previous times I have been forced to watch Nellie Quim at one Olympics and Fan Ye at another. If you do go to Singapore visit the Changi Prison where hundreds of women were detained during the Second World War. A Red Cross rep encouraged them to make a quilt to help them survive the horrors. There too you will see the headstones of many who did not survive, laying down their lives so that the likes of me have the freedom to write all this 586PTQR6PGRW and putting Olympic medals into perpective.

No comments: