Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just a Gentle Reminder


If Ads are being added, and 'Takeaway' is a better way of saying'To Go', especially if the latter is followed by '...forth and multiply' then I have no hesitation in plugging my e-book downloadable from Amazon.co.uk. I would have preferred to have uploaded a photograph of the police helicopter that was hovering over Gravesend this morning. It was scouting around, so like the responsibe citizen I am I went to have a butchers. Being in a Birdwatching area i.e. my garden, the binoculars were within easy reach. The helicopter was over what was until recently the Kent and Essex public house. I made out the sign on the helicopter to be 'Essex Police'. They could well have been checking on what had been until recently their half.

Unusually coming from Essex they didn't like being in the limelight. Retribution was swift with the helicopter moving to hover directly above the house putting me, thankfully rather than them, in a spin. I didn't know whether I was coming or going. I wasn't sure whether to remonstrate or demonstrate. Choosing the latter I went back in to put the kettle on. In truth I was impressed. I had only just bought a couple of tickets for The London Prepares Track Cycling event next week. They'd obviously got wind of my success and wanted to warn me off applying for any real ones.

Message understood, Seb. I know when I'm beaten. Please don't send Harry, the Royal one that is, in an Apache. Otherwise I'll have no option but to sioux.

No comments: