Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It's no mystery that it is a mystery.

Where is this? Who is it by? This picture is one of My grey mysteries. It's not signed but on the back of the framing is written not Roger Rabbit but Lemeunier. My initial research has caused confusion as I thought the initial written there was an A not an H. Somebody out there knows, but it is getting to the right person and at the moment it and a few other puzzles are getting to me.

Why for instance has the ECB not taken up my suggestion of offering the same deal to all Cricket Clubs as the British Heart Foundation has for communities about part funding defibrillators? Have they not said that they have the wellbeing of grassroot cricketers at heart?

Why for instance has Warburtons not snapped up the idea of sponsoring the idea with a campaign about encouraging healthy as well as tasty cricket teas from their side of the Pennines? I'm sure Michael Vaughan and Yorkshire tea would cooperate from their side. Between them they must have the resources to meet up over an egg or cheese sandwich and a village cup of tea.

Talking about Blow Egg. Why hasn't BBC Snooker taken up my suggestion of organising a Celebrity Blow Egg as part of Snooker's contribution to the next Sports Relief?

The final mystery comes to mind from last Sunday's walk starting at Cobham Churchyard where Ivo Bligh of Lord Darnley of Ashes fame resides in his rededicated grave thanks to The Cricket Society. At nearby's Trotiscliffe equivalent yard is the grave of the artist Graham Sutherland. Why have people in the art world ignored my attempts to get them to investigate the ins and outs of following in the Cricket Society's footsteps?

The mystery is not beyond a solution if you read French and Spanish Cricket for Beginners .It's ten years since that Boxing Day Tsunami when my appeals to Cricket to ask for help on that day went unheard. I am just as ineffective now as I was then, though in the end Cricket came good and was indeed generous.

I know that it is who you know not what you know and as Manuel I know nothing so it's up to you if you know somebody who is somebody perhaps they know somebody who can help.



1 comment:

Library Spy said...

Could it be Helene?