Monday, January 5, 2015

Fleet of Foot, the Caterpillar has legged it with Arthropologies


It turns out that the caterpillar is a sort of velocipedes (Pictured). I should have seen through my bifocals that there were two sides to the story. The bespoke caterpillar true to its predetermined life cycle has got on the bike and legged it.

The process as I'm sure you know is termed 'Imprinting'. What you may not know as is the case with me is where the green velodrone is now. I have done my research and I have consulted my three year old granddaughter to ask about the journey of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

She suggested that I went up the Apple and Pairs (She can't spell yet) and to be careful that I didn't knock over the three wise men on their way to the crib in the breakfast room. I was really pleased as when I put them in the front porch on Christmas Day she said 'They are only statues Grandpa'. Having heard that, it may be difficult for you to work out who is the Magi and who is the Minor.

Just like the three star travellers that I stepped over respectfully I looked for a sign. Latin was a language around at the time and the only answer I got right from today's Radio 4's Brain of Britain was 'Agent Orange'. I forget the question. There staring me and you now (Study the picture)in the face was the word 'feria' which is the Latin for Wednesday.

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Epiphany so by Wednesday the gold, frankincense and myrrh should be well out of the way. The chances are then that I'll find it in the dreadful clementine box. Sorry!




No comments: