Monday, November 19, 2012

One Through the Gate is hot off the Press

Up with the lark. The Early Bird if not holidaying in Seville and off to Cadiz later would have had to scrape a fair bit of frost from the car windscreen.

England fans now appear in the ascendancy as the Ahmedabad's festivities are over. I hope these don't start up again before the time I usually get up or I'll have to go back to bed. Though it is morning it is a wonderfully clear and starry night. I tweet to Aggers and TMS to tell them.

Prior 91, Cook 169, 348-5. A great performance. Shame about the first innings, but there we are. TMS very kindly read out my tweet. It didn't go to my head as I know it's just a question of the lack of traffic so early in the morning. I was just about to tweet about Venus being in the ascendancy here and England in ascendancy there when Prior goes c & b still on 91.

I have to find a tweeting equivalent of the commentator's curse but I cannot think of anything. Someone will tweet me one I expect. Cookie's day ends when he falls at 365. Not surprisingly the Indian fielders leap around. Down to 7. Blowers sets the pulse racing saying that Broad had been caught by Sewag but Boycott puts him right. Botham's Ashes could become Broad's Indian Summer.

A 42 run lead. 372-7. Though Broad survived Blowers' appeal the third wicket soon falls. I've only been up for an hour and ten minutes. 378-8. 381-8, the lead is now 51. Swann's out bowled. 406-9. Sir G called it right. Ashwin's 20/20 skills overcame Swann's 20/20 stroke. Blowers goes into reverse telling us that Bresnan has hit a great shot. Sir G tells us it's out. 406 all out for an early Lunch. A little too early for me even for elevenses as it's only five to six.

Still an hour and a half to go before I shout up to Lizzie 'Wakey wakey eggs and bakey' even though it's going to be porridge. Aggers' tweet of 'Lost 5 wickets for 66 this morning' put paid to any high expectancy. I could be posting this blog before I normally get up. I dont want to change the picture of 'Calm' as it has received its fair share of praise. It did look good. Like Cook to England it added a bit of class.

I'll ask her permission to put the Gate etching in. After all Compton started it off with one through the gate. That's a good one too. I mean the etching with aquatint rather than my attempt to link the print ( pictured ) to the cricket. Lizzie is due to deliver one of her other prints to an exhibition in London today and needs to catch the 9.43am fast train from Gravesend.

The one in a million kindly said for me 'not worry' and to 'stay to watch the cricket'. 'I'll phone a friend to come with me.' With the Indian team on 28-0, how can I do anything else but worry as it's 50-50 that it will be all over by the time she has to get up. I'm almost tempted to get a smart phone by Friday. I'll have time to download that Universal App so I can follow Saturn closing in on Venus. Using the birdsong App I can get the phone to listen to the Dawn Chorus to tell me what birds are out there in the garden so I can let Blowers know.

India are more than half way there in next to no time and reach 50 with 20 minutes to go before the sun is due to rise here. A Lovely sunrise it is when it appears on the horizon which is next door's fence. No I don't live in the Ponderosa. It's just a question of perspective. The portents are good for the Mumbai Test as KP shows that he is thinking about the position of his feet pulling up only inches short of the boundary in catching Sehwag. 6 for India to win.

Boycott and Aggers get tetchy with each other about who plays in Mumbai. Same amongst the Sky lot. Well we did lose so you can expect it. Not a pleasant sight so early in the morning of Duncan Fletcher clapping his team. Or was he applauding Andy Flower for leaving Monty out like he did in Adelaide in 2006? I'll ask the audience.

I'll also give you all a well deserved rest until Friday, when it all starts up again. Bye.

No comments: