Monday, August 27, 2012

Out of the Frying Pan


Shades of the beginning of the season-Opposition drop out, organise another game then it gets rained off. Kindly the opposition have offered to try to find a pitch for next week as we don't have a scheduled game.

The phone call describing the downpour came 20 minutes before we were due to set off, so we decamped to our house to have a few beers and to set the world right.

The alternatives received to frogs legs included chicken wings, King size prawns and scallops. I did get stick from some Vegans but with no response from @Edangeredfrogs I've suggested a replacement recipe which I thought would have been suitable for veggies, but turns out to have the word 'viandes' in it.

Hopefully mon amie the translater will come up trumps encore un fois to confirm this, though I don't want to overload her curriculum as the French must be back at School by now. Term time can't be far away over here either as the Notting Hill Carnival is in full swing.

Paralympics, Venice and Bournemouth to fit in while the Cricket season comes to an end, then serious thinking about the next year's Ashes. I've been to more Test Match days in Australia than I have over here. I've got to maintain my average on that count.

What would you suggest? Adelaide, a few days in Sydney then Perth in the company of Bob Taylor?




No comments: